Here’s the info you’ll need for both the camp-out and our Sunday gathering:
Bird’s Hill Provincial Park. Group Use Area #1, Site #2 (see the map below). Park in either lots 2a, 2b (closest to the Picnic shelter) or 2c (closest to the camping). All three of these parking lots service Site #2. There will be signs.
Friday, July 3 – Sunday, July 5. You can arrive after 11am on Friday. Check-out is 3pm on Sunday.
Bus leaves Friday from 782 Main at 6pm.
Bus leaves Sunday from 782 Main at 10am sharp!
If you need a ride on the bus, please contact Suhail at (204) 297-4031.
For the weekend please bring you own food. Generally we try to eat together – sharing inevitably happens – kind of like a pot luck. It’s not organized in any way, we just recognize that eating together is fun and a great way to get to know others.
For Sunday lunch, the church will provide a BBQ.
$10 per tent per night. Payable during the weekend.
- The sites are open concept. Find a welcoming piece of grass and feel free to set up there.
- There is a central Picnic shelter which has electricity, picnic tables, and fire pits. This is the central hub – if you or others with you need to sleep early, don’t set up near there.
- There is running water available.
- There are other running things too (like wild animals).
- We will have some worship jams – so bring some instruments!
There will be no service at 782 Main St on Sunday. Instead, we will gather at Bird’s Hill Provincial Park Group Use Area #1, Site #2. Please note it will start at 10:30. A bus will leave from 782 Main at 10am sharp (not Vineyard time) if you need a lift out for the day.
- 10:30am – Worship, those getting baptized will share and Noel Isaacs will speak.
- 12 noon – BBQ Lunch (provided)
- 1:30pm – we will head down to the beach for the baptisms.
- 3pm – check-out for campers
- Bring your own Lawn chairs or blankets.
- Each vehicle needs a Provincial Park Pass.
- If you’re not camping, why not come hang out during the days?