We experience an overdose of activity because of all the things expected of us. Life is often characterized by doing and busyness. It’s difficult to dial down into quietness; to rest, reflect, and simply be. This kind of contemplative life seems to evade us. This year we want to consider the benefits of cultivating an inner life that we may know God and ourselves more deeply. We will hear from those who live this well. It will be a time of listening, sharing, and deciding what might click for us going forward.
Of course, we will enjoy all the fun things at the lake while we hang loose and relax. Food by Peter the Great will exceed our expectations and appetites. We want this to be a watershed time for us all that enriches our lives for days to come. Don’t miss it!
Due to demolition of a cabin, the number of beds is reduced this year and we expect a need for a lot more mats and tents. We recommend that your registration is completed and the fee be paid by August 15th for your best chance for a bed.
Where & When:
- September 8 – 10. Starts Friday night at 7:30 p.m. and ends at noon on Sunday.
- Rademaker Cabins on Lindsay Rd., Clearwater Bay, Ontario
- 20 minutes (30 km) East of Ontario-Manitoba border just 2 kms East of Clearwater Bay. Right on Lindsay Rd., drive straight into Fire Rd. 5 or 6.
- Cost $50 (partial subsidy available if needed). Payment due with registration.
- Cash or cheque to church office or Cornelius, or via e-transfer (email Lillian for instructions). Make cheques payable to WCV and indicate “Men’s Getaway” in the memo line.
- Bring sleeping bag /bedding /tent if required
- We have limited inside beds (first registered basis) but lots of decks for tenting or mats!
COUNT ME IN!
September 8 – 10, 2017